The applicant/s will gain valuable practical work experience and an insight in helping run a community environmental nature conservation / education project in London.
Project events will be run in Brixton, Lambeth & other areas in South London.
The volunteer will take part in practical nature conservation activities, the activities will take place on various days (most on weekdays but some may be weekends).
Working with groups of mainly adults from community groups, volunteering organisations, corporate teams, etc.
The majority of activities are likely to be helping run environmental education activities for groups from schools / youth organisations.
Be involved in the following activities:
- Wildlife / Nature Surveys & Walks
- Glade Maintenance & other practical conservation
- Tailor-made events for primary & secondary schools
- Developing new links with schools, youth centres & community groups
- Development of new nature conservation projects / funding applications
The volunteer’s role will be tailor made to when they are available and which areas of the project they wish to be involved in.
Embrace can pay volunteers local (London) travel expenses.
Volunteers working with vulnerable adults or children will need to take a CRB check which will be paid by Embrace.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply